Five Lessons – Total cost $1100The FAA requires specific training to earn a tailwheel log book endorsement. Those who master the requisite skills never look back from this enjoyable, rewarding adventure.
In clear, comprehensible instruction, this course goes beyond the basic step-by-step approach of many flight schools. Your training will be structured as a five-lesson syllabus. You will:
- Review the basic principles of flight and the pilot’s relationship to the airplane
- Learn the science behind the skills of the quintessential tailwheel pilot.
- Fly four skill-building maneuvers that are applicable to all pilots.
- Forward slip to three point landings and wheel landings.
- Learn to master a tail wheel airplane when the wind blows.
By identifying the causes of weak pilot skills and addressing those weaknesses with techniques and a practice regimen, any pilot can increase his or her skill in the use of an airplane’s controls, toward a safer mastery of an airplane. This course is for all pilots. It offers a clear and steady route for you to change the way they fly; to become a better pilot; a safer pilot — and in doing so, have a lot more fun.
This is a five lesson syllabus. Lessons are generally two hour sessions that include ground instruction and flight time. Many pilots, flying two flights per day, complete their training in three days, and earn a tailwheel log book endorsement in accordance with FAR 61.31(i).
Call or email today to reserve dates for your Tailwheel Training.